Saturday, March 4th, 2023
Southwest University Park
1 Ballpark Plaza
El Paso, Texas 79901
- Registration opens September 1st, 2022.
- Registration closes February 18th, 2023. (Late Registration Only)
- Payment deadline February 25th, 2023.
- Gates Open at 7:30 AM
- Dance Competition Begins at 8:30 AM
- Dance Competition Ends at 1:00 PM
- Dance Awards Begins at 1:30 PM
Teams will determine age divisions by the grade or age of their OLDEST competitor.
Teams will be required to submit a roster with names, DOB, ages and grades of all their competitors to the registration table the day of the competition. You may download this CSV spreadsheet template to submit your roster details.
All School & All Star teams can compete in any of the following categories.
- Hip Hop
- High Kick
- Open (Folkorico, Ballroom, Prop, etc.)
- Youth/Elementary – 5th grade and younger
- Junior High/Middle School – 6th-8th grade
- High School – 9th-12th grade
- All Star Youth – 11 years & younger
- All Star Junior – 14 years & younger
- All Star Senior – 18 years & younger
Exhibition – No Scoring / Performance Only
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trophies in each category/division
- School Grand Champion Award
All Star Grand Champion Award
|Team (7+ People)||Ensembles||Exhibition|
|Team (7+ People $150 / team||Ensemble $150 / ensemble||Exhibition $150 / exhibition|
- Time limit is 2 minutes 30 seconds for all dance entries regardless of category or division
- There is no minimum time requirement
If performance exceeds the specified time, there will be a point deduction.
Performance times will be strictly adhered to in order to ensure a smooth running show for all participants. Each performance will be announced by the MC. All participants must be lined up and ready to perform no more than 3 performances before their set and no less than 1. It is very important that all participants be prepared and ready to go when stage runner calls you in order to ensure a pleasurable experience for all.
Overall General Rules
All teams will follow standard competition and safety guidelines as printed on the waiver form.
To ensure the competition runs as efficiently as possible, no teams will be allowed to change their performance order. Additionally, there will be no division changes allowed after the registration deadline. No refunds will be given once a team is registered.
Before the day of competition, all participants must complete the Release and Waiver Form. This MUST be signed by Parent or Legal Guardian in order for the participant to be able to perform. All Participant forms must be given to the Registration Table upon checking into the competition.
Friends and families are more than welcome to watch the cheer & dance competition. Tickets will be sold through the Chihuahuas box office and can be purchased before and on the day of competition. Buy tickets today for general admission!
- Admission – $15 plus tax
- Children under 3 – Free
- Complete Dance Registration Form
- Check division
- List number of participants in each specific division
- Indicate number of teams and total due
- Complete online registration
- Registration form should be completed by February 18, 2023. Payment should be completed and/or postmarked by February 25, 2023.
Please, No Personal Checks
Methods of payment: School or business checks, money orders, school purchase orders, or paypal.
Late Fee Policy
It is extremely important we receive your registration and payment before the deadlines. If registration is not complete by February 18, 2023, the prices will increase to:
- Team – $200/team
- Ensembles – $200/ensemble
- Exhibition – $200/exhibition
A full refund will be made for any registered event up to the designated cancellation deadline. After the designated deadline, there will be no refund and arrangements for full payment will need to be made. If payment is not made by the designated deadline, responsible parties will need to arrange for payment ASAP.
Cancellations of any registered event must be made in writing to Superior Festivals by the designated registration deadline.